Eligibility requirements (must look at all 3 eligibility requirements):
1. The student must have a disability (physical or mental such as ADHD, Diabetes, OCD, Bipolar, Asthma, Hearing Loss, etc.). Keep in mind, that just because a student has a disability doesn't necessarily mean he/she will qualify for a 504.
* Slow learner is not a disability alone
* Working slower than others is not a disability alone (needing extended time)
* Trouble filling in scantron bubbles is not a disability
2. The disability must impact a major life function.
* such as caring for one's self, walking, seeing, learning, hearing, reading, concentration/focus, etc.
3. The disability must SUBSTANTIALLY limit a major life function.
* Average is not a substantial limitation