Hello everyone! My name is Mrs. Quick and this is my second year as Tyro's School Counselor. I attended UNC Greensboro for my B.A. in Psychology and went on to Liberty University for my M.A. in Developmental Psychology and my M.Ed in School Counseling. I am super excited to work with all Tyro students and help them grow academically, socially, and emotionally!
As a School Counselor, I have many roles within the school and in working with students, parents, staff, and the community. Some of my roles include:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Counseling Lessons
- 504 Coordinator
- School Improvement Team (SIT) Member
- Problem Solving Team (PST) Chair
- Student Council and Teacher Helpers
Respond to school crises and emergency situations
Provide information, resources, and support to parents, teachers, and students
Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, students, and community stakeholders
ConfidentialityWhat a student shares with a counselor is confidential unless he/she:
- Gives permission for the information to be shared.
- If the child reports abuse or neglect.
- If the child shares current harm to him/herself.
- If the child shares plans to hurt himself/herself.
- If the child shares that he/she is or plans to hurt others.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Available 24 hours a day. English and Spanish